Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 11- free day, final paper work gathering

We got to sleep in today for the first time- no wake up call or early morning adventure- and it was so NICE! We went down for breakfast and sat by the windows again and it was so nice watching the boats go by on the river. Anna's eating has slowed down some, I think she realizes she can get 3 meals a day (all she wants- and more!) and is loving it.



And we went and picked up our laundry that we had cleaned. I had taken all of my clothes- shirts, jeans, socks and all...and all of Anna's, and then some of Mickeys. When we went and picked it up, it was in these shrink wrapped bags, neatly folded- undies and all. Very nice, and for next day service for all pieces- 200 yuan, which is about $32/US dollar. That is a bargain to me, and it beats rinsing things out in the tub and hanging them up to dry like some people have. And the humidity is so bad here, it takes things 3 days to dry.

I had to go meet for the final paperwork preparation in our social workers room, which took us all about 1 hour. Not bad. Then we went out to Lucy's, and Americanized restaraunt. Mickey had (of all things) a grilled cheese sandwich/fries, Anna had the kids meal (chicken wing, sausages,fries, fruit, ice cream) and I had Lucy's pan fried noodle dish- it was good.


















We then headed back to our hotel, met in one of the sitting areas and played a few rounds of phase 10- it was a nice break from the room. Our hotel is very large and has lots of gathering places. Looking forward to tonight at 10PM when we get to Skype our church family :)

2 comments:

Candice said...

I wish we were going to be there to Skype with you. David felt like I needed to stay home one more Sunday. I am still getting tired very easily and am still a little sore in my side. I hope it all works wonderfully! Can't wait to see you when you get home!

Candice

Chrystal Murphy said...

It was so great to see you guys this morning. Anna was adorable! I love the Hey Ya'll!!